Saturday, January 14, 2012

fun with fu dogs

fu dogs. my friend chris got me into fu dogs recently. they are guardians for a dwelling and are always found in pairs. symbolically, the female fu lion protects those dwelling inside, while the male guards the structure. for most beneficial effect and to ensure proper feng shui, when looking at the entrance from outside the building, facing the lions, the male lion with the ball is on the right, and the female with the cub is on the left. 

hmmm...not quite sure how to utilize this information as it relates to my fu dog book ends...





1 comment:

  1. Are they dogs or lions? Your post reminded me of the two lions on either side of the original entrance to the Bowdoin Museum. Will this link below get you there? http://alturl.com/xwpxz

    Now I know that this one is a male, given the ball under his foot. Neat!

    ReplyDelete